What is silkscreen called?
Screen printing is a versatile technique that involves transferring ink onto a substrate using a grid and a blocking screen. A blade or squeegee is used to push the ink through the open mesh onto the substrate, creating a bright and detailed image.
This process allows precise control over the placement of colors as each color is printed separately using different screens. With silk screen printing, you can create stunning multi-color designs that are durable and long lasting.
Screen printing, also known as screen printing or screen printing, is a popular and versatile printing technique that has been around for centuries. It offers a unique way to transfer vibrant and durable designs to a variety of surfaces, making it the preferred choice for many industries including textiles, advertising, packaging, and more. We provide the best service of screen printing in Dallas. If you are looking for custom t shirt printing then we are your one stop solution.
In this article, we’ll look at the process, benefits, and applications of screen printing.
What paper is used for screen printing?
For experienced printers, the choice of paper is of great importance in the process of creating images.
It goes beyond the printed plate, stencil or screen and becomes an integral part of their creative strategy. Carefully selected paper can add intrigue to the final work and even contribute to the content and themes depicted.
Beyond the artistic aspects, there are also practical considerations that every artist must consider when choosing the paper to print on.
Strength and durability are important qualities that paper should have, regardless of the printing process used. Paper weight is also a factor to consider, although a range of 200 to 300 grams per square meter is fine for most printing methods.
10 steps in silk screen printing
Screen printing involves two main steps: preparing the screen mask and carrying out the printing process.
- The first step in screen printing is to create or prepare a design. The design is usually transferred onto a transparent film or stencil made from a photosensitive emulsion.
- A screen mesh is carefully stretched onto the aluminum or wood frame to match the size of the printing paper box.
- A photosensitive substance is applied to the screen grid.
- With a positive mask, certain areas such as texts and images are covered, and the screen mesh is exposed to UV light. The coating on unmasked areas hardens.
- Then the mesh is washed with water, removing the coating from the print areas.
- After drying and inspection, the screen mask is ready for use.
- The screen grid is positioned over the paper box aligned for printing.
- The ink is stenciled, allowing it to pass through small holes in the mesh.
- As the blade or squeegee moves over the grid, it briefly touches the surface of the paper box, transferring the ink and creating the desired print.
- . After the design is printed, the substrate is usually heated or air dried to ensure that the ink adheres to the surface. This step is critical to producing long-lasting, vibrant prints.
Consumables for screen printing
It’s common knowledge that screen printing is one of the most flexible printing techniques out there. It provides the flexibility to print on a wide variety of media, including paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, metals, textiles, nylon, cotton, and more. The applications for screen printing are varied, including paper boxes, posters, labels, stickers, signs, textiles, and even electronic circuit boards.
One of the key advantages of screen printing is the ability to print on substrates of any shape, thickness and size. Unlike other printing processes, screen printing can handle uneven or curved surfaces with ease, making it ideal for creating unique and eye-catching designs. This versatility has made screen printing the preferred choice for many industries that require high-quality and customized printing solutions.
If you have special printing requirements that can be met with silk screen printing, look no further than Forests Packaging Group. As a leading packaging manufacturer, we specialize in designing and printing packaging solutions to meet your unique needs.
Silk screen printing is one of our areas of expertise and we have the ability to produce high quality prints on a variety of packaging materials. Whether you need to print a custom design, logo or graphic on your packaging, our experienced team can bring your vision to life with silk screen printing techniques.
Whether you need to create beautiful packaging, promotional material or intricate fabric designs, screen printing offers exceptional results and durability. Its ability to work with a wide range of materials and substrates makes it the ideal method for producing bright, durable prints that meet the diverse needs of various industries.